- What the protesters really want, op-ed by Jackie Dugard and Kate Tissington in The Witness (10 May 2013).
- 'Shock and awe tactics' used on shack dwellers by Jared Sacks, Mail and Guardian (10 May 2013).
- City of Cape Town makes up law to justify eviction of the poor by Jared Sacks, Daily Maverick (6 May 2013).
- Podcast of SERI senior researcher Kate Tissington speaking about protest and the criminal justice system on the ProBono Law show on Radio Today, hosted by Patrick Bracher (11 April 2013).
- SA police caught dead to rights by Niren Tolsi, Mail and Guardian (26 April 2013).
- Public claims against police exceed R14bn by Sarah Evans, Mail and Guardian (24 April 2013).
- Top advocate to observe Mtetwa trial by Dudu Dube, The New Age (4 April 2013).
- Fracas over pamphlets at Marikana Commission by Lucas Ledwaba, City Press (26 March 2013).
- Farlam's site visit brings community closer to commission by Sipho Hlongwane, Daily Maverick (22 March 2013).
- State suppression of popular dissent should concern us all, op-ed by Michael Clark and Jackie Dugard in the Business Day (6 March 2013).
- Marikana victims' families seek damages from police by Carol Paton, Business Day (1 March 2013).
- Podcast of SERI executive director Stuart Wilson speaking about housing rights cases in SA on the ProBono Law show on Radio Today, hosted by Patrick Bracher (28 February 2013).
Marikana families sue police for millions by Charl du Plessis, City Press (28 February 2013).
The Criminal Injustice System by Jane Duncan, SACSIS (18 February 2013).
Ekuthuleni: 'Place of peace' by name but a shelter it is not, op-ed by Jackie Dugard and Kathleen Hardy in the Daily Maverick (11 January 2013).
Corralling Civil Society: What's Up with Government's New Proposals to Change the NPO Act? by Dale McKinley, SACSIS (10 January 2013).
For a full archive of all media articles covering SERI's work from 2010 to 2012, see here.