Legislation and Regulations
- Constitution of the Republic of South Africa Act 108 of 1996 (Constitution) here.
- Water Services Act 108 of 1997 (Water Services Act) here.
- Housing Act 107 of 1997 (Housing Act) here.
- National Water Act 36 of 1998 here.
- Local Government: Municipal Structures Act 117 of 1998 (Municipal Structures Act) here.
- Promotion of Administrative Justice Act 3 of 2000 (PAJA) here.
- Local Government: Municipal Systems Act 32 of 2000 (Municipal Systems Act) here.
- Regulations Relating to Compulsory National Standards and Measures to Conserve Water (8 June 2001) (Compulsory National Standards) here.
- Norms and Standards in Respect of Tariffs for Water Services (11 June 2001) here.
- National Health Act 61 of 2003 here.
Policy and Strategies
- White Paper on Water Supply and Sanitation Policy (1994) here.
- National Sanitation Policy (October 1996) here.
- White Paper on Basic Household Sanitation (2001) here.
- Strategic Framework for Water Services: Water is Life, Sanitation is Dignity (September 2003) here.
- Free Basic Water Implementation Strategy (August 2002) here.
- National Sanitation Strategy: Accelerating Sanitation Sector Delivery (August 2005) here.
- Framework for a Municipal Indigent Policy (September 2005) here.
- Guidelines for the Implementation of the National Indigent Policy by Municipalities (November 2005) here.
- Free Basic Sanitation Implementation Strategy (April 2009) here.
- National Water Services Regulation Strategy (NWSRS) (2008) here.
- Mazibuko and Others v City of Johannesburg and Others  ZACC 28 here.
- Johnson Matotoba Nokotyana and Others v Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality & Others  ZACC 33 here.
- Ntombentsha Beja and Others v Premier of the Western Cape and Others  ZAWCHC 97 here.